Our annual showcase event, Youth Career Olympics, rewards students for applying career-based knowledge in a team setting. Students from our in- and after-school programs compete in events involving the employment skills they have learned during the school year. Of the 700 Greater Cleveland high school students Y.O.U. is serving, 150 juniors and seniors will compete in business-focused events judged by sponsors and community leaders.
Competitions include: Budgeting for Life, Community Service, Corporate Team Challenge, Decision Making, Employment Application Review, Employment Interview, Employment Skills Testing, Entrepreneurship Pitch Contest, Program Cover Design, Public Speaking, and Visual Display.
First prize winners in each category will receive a $100 prize, plus a chance to win a $1,000 grand prize. The winning teams in certain events compete at the statewide level.
Local companies and organizations can sponsor a team of students and coach them to success.
Your sponsorship entitles you to the following volunteer experiences for you and your colleagues:
- Coach and prepare a team for the competition
- Judge an event
- Recruit students for jobs and internships or provide company materials at the Opportunity Fair
- Compete in the Corporate Team Challenge, side by side with our students
- Join our students for lunch and learn about their experiences with Y.O.U.
- Attend the Victory Celebration where the winner of the Public Speaking competition will present his or her speech; all winners will be honored; a keynote speech will be delivered by one of Greater Cleveland’s community leaders; and your sponsorship will be recognized