I registered last year. Do I need to register again?
What kind of jobs can youth do?
Youth can perform basic office duties, tutor younger children, answer phones, assist with landscaping (any power tool use must be specifically approved by Y.O.U.), perform light maintenance and service projects, or perform many other services that are deemed appropriate by Y.O.U. policy and by Ohio’s Minor Labor Laws.
What information do we need to complete registration?
Basic Organization Information (for main location):
- Phone #
- Email Address
- Any other primary contact information
Profile for Each Worksite (if different than primary location)
- Phone #
- Email Address
- Y.O.U. will need the name and contact information for the person that will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the youth.
- This person’s name and contact information will be given to the youth participants at the worksite, and the youth will be instructed to call the primary supervisor if they have questions, have to call in sick, or have an emergency.
- Y.O.U. will need the name and contact information for the person that will supervise the youth in the absence of the primary supervisor.
Youth Position Title, Duties
- Specify what position the youth will hold and what duties that youth would be required to perform. Please also state if there are any special skills, requirements or dress code for the position.
Number of Youth Requested
- Please state the number of youth being requested for the worksite.
What happens after we submit the registration?
A registration confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided for the primary contact. The Y.O.U. Employment Coordinator will then call the Primary Contact listed on the registration form to review your information, to provide additional information about becoming a worksite for the 2017 program, and to set up a time to visit the worksite.
Once we register, are we guaranteed to receive a worker?
No. Y.O.U. will try to meet your employment needs, but Y.O.U. cannot guarantee that youth will be placed at your company.
How do we know if we have been selected to be a worksite for the 2018 program?
The Y.O.U. Employment Coordinator will contact your Primary Contact to notify you and to set up an orientation date for the worksite’s Primary and Alternative Supervisors if the worksite has been selected.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance with registration email the Employment Team at EmploymentTeam@yousummerjobs.org or contact them via phone Ashley (216) 973-0776 or Karen (216) 973-0996.